The secret is out. If you think houseboating season ends after Labor Day, you have a big treat in store. There are dozens of reasons why fall is the best time to take to the lake. But we have narrowed the list down to the ten best. Please read on.
10. Kids are gone – Yeah, we love kids and all. But once they have all gone back to school, the lake takes on a much more adult feeling. Fall is time to let the grownups have their fun.
9. Lake is quieter – See “kids are gone” above. But in addition to the lack of young sounds, there are just quite a few less people on the lake. Drop anchor anywhere you want. Take your watercraft anywhere you want. The place is yours.
8. Water is smoother – We have already established that the kids are gone and that there are fewer people. But fall weather generally brings days of absolute still air keeping the lake glassy. Time to really let rip with the wake boards and water skis!!
7. Weather is the best of the year – Okay, we all like 110 degree days on the lake (or mostly “IN” the lake!). But how about some nice 90 degree days, plus 75+ degree water? You’re comfortable all day long in and out of the water. See the average temps at http://houseboats.com/shasta-lake/
6. More romantic – You get where we are heading with this? No kids. No crowds. Quiet, smooth water. Nice weather. Fall is time for romance on the lake.
5. Food tastes better – Time to put away the hot dogs and macaroni. When the weather is nice and the mood is slower, it’s time to spend a bit more time in the kitchen galley or on the upper-deck outdoor grill making some really special meals.
4. Fish are hungrier – The fish are toning up their taste buds as well. They sense that winter is not far off and they are looking to eat. And fewer fishermen mean more bites for you.
3. Wildlife is more abundant – This might seem contradictory to what we have said above. But we are talking about wildlife and not “wild life”. Quiet lakes bring out the birds and beasts in larger numbers.
2. Best selection of watercraft – It stands to reason that, with fewer people on the lake, you get the pick of the litter when it comes to the watercraft you want to rent. And while those super-fine models might cost dearly during the summer, read on to our number one reason why fall is the best time for houseboating!!
1. Screaming deals – Yes, the best reason of all for fall houseboating is the price. Most prices drop by over 40% from the peak summer rate! Click here to see what sort of deals we have for you!!