At first you may not think of houseboating as the most romantic adventure a couple could have. Hot weather, busy marinas and lots of people sounds more like fun than romance. But what if you could have both?
Houseboating with your honey is a well kept secret that only the most in love couples know about. But if you think about it, houseboats are an ideal place for a romantic vacation getaway – romantic sunsets and scenery, peace and quiet, hot tub, fishing, kayaking… and it feels like you have the whole lake to yourselves! Here are 6 amazing dates while on a houseboat for you to try:
- The Fishing Date: Have a cute fish-themed lunch packed – some suggestions include Tuna Fish Sandwiches, Goldfish Crackers and Swedish Fish. Cast a line, hang out, talk, laugh, and make bets about who would catch the first fish. You can set up some fun little winning-favors between both of you such as the first person to catch a fish receives a back rub later!
- Rooftop Date: Move some patio furniture to the top deck. If you don’t want to bring patio furniture up, bring up a blanket and some big pillows for picnic style or to sit and talk after dinner, or hop in the hot tub. Grab battery-operated candles, a string of Christmas lights and turn on some music. If you charge your laptop you can even bring it up to watch a movie! Make a simple dinner and enjoy!
- S’more Love: Print your printable and jot down a few reasons why you love your spouse. Everyone always loves to hear “s’more” reasons why they are so awesome! Then, cut out the printable and fold it into a box. This box can now be stuffed with all the fixin’s for s’mores! Enough graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows for two! Once you give it to your partner, head out to dry land for a bonfire and s’more lovin’.
- Movie on the Move: After the sun goes down, choose a scary movie and start the faux fireplace. Cuddle up on the couch with your wine or drink of choice and prepare for a frightfully good time!
- Sunrise and Sunset Date: We are positive you have witnessed many sunrises in your lifetime together with your spouse… Have any of them been on purpose? If you take a moment to really watch the sunrise, you’ll see just how beautiful and romantic it truly is as it warms you inside out. So set your alarm for before sunrise and get dressed! Grab a comfortable blanket, your coffees and walk up to the top deck of the houseboat. Lay the blanket on the ground and snuggle up to witness the romantic sunrise. That evening, grab your drinks and head back up to your blanket on the top deck. The sunset reflects such beautiful light on the lake. Your night may be full of great conversation and you may end up staying way past sunset…
- Fate Burger Date: This one is great for groups. First, make a long list of burger toppings, including non-traditional ones(For example, bacon, different types of cheese, onions, mushrooms, tomato, fried egg, onion rings, avocado, french fries, grilled pineapple, A1, Ranch, and BBQ sauce). Split all the toppings up with your group so everyone contributes. The girls prepare the toppings while the men grill the burgers and buns. Then assign each topping a number on a dart board. If you don’t bring a dart board you could pull them out of a hat, use cards, or put them on a spinner – anything that puts fate in charge. Then for the fun part – throw darts for 3-4 different toppings. You can swap one of the toppings but it is encouraged that everyone stick with their FATE BURGER. (Tip: Sometimes it is fun to throw for toppings for your spouse’s burger.)