Jones Valley Resort and Silverthorn Resort
Houseboat Rental Policy
- RENTAL POLICY AND DEPOSITS. Charter Captain and Co-Captain must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid driver’s license to rent a boat or cabin. Rentals fees must be paid in full at least 75 days prior to arrival date. A Booking Deposit is due at the time of booking and will be applied to the rental fee. Payment for deposits, rental fees, gas, and supplies may be made by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or cash. Credit card payments are processed when received. A check will be mailed for any refundable cash transaction. No cash refunds will be made.
- SECURITY/DAMAGE DEPOSIT. Upon arrival we require a Security/Damage Deposit. This deposit is fully refundable providing the boat is returned undamaged, clean, and with all boat inventory intact. Deposits can be made by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or cash. Deposits made in cash will be refunded with a check and sent by mail.
The deposit amounts are as follows for Silverthorn Resort:
$1,000 for the Queen, Queen I, and Queen II; $500 for the Presidential, Senator, Executive, and Wakeboard Boats; $200 for Cabins, Patio Boats, and Fishing Boats.
On holiday weekends and all weekends in the month of May, Security/Damage deposits increase to $5000 for the Queen, Queen I, and Queen II and to $3000 for the Presidential, Senator, and Executive and must be paid in cash only.
- The deposit amounts are as follows for Jones Valley Resort:
$2,000 for the Titan, ; $1000 for the Corinthian, Escapade and Odyssey , $500 for Wakeboard Boats; $200 for, Patio Boats, and Fishing Boats.
On holiday weekends and all weekends in the month of May, Security/Damage deposits increase to $5000 for the Titan, and $3000 for the Corinthian, Escapade and Odyssey
- CANCELLATION. If making a reservation more than 75 days prior to arrival you have 5 days from the date of booking to cancel and receive your full deposit back. 50% of the deposit is refundable if the reservation is cancelled in writing, more than 75 days prior to original arrival date. Cancellation 46 to 74 days before original arrival date will result in forfeiture of full deposit. Entire deposit and all rental fees will be forfeited if cancellations are made to the reservation less than 45 days prior to the original boarding date. Any cancellation made after a Date Change will result in forfeiture of Full Deposit and all additional Rental Fees paid. Pricing, terms, and availability are subject to change without notice.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE COVERAGE. We enjoyed helping you book your dream vacation, but in our experience, there’s always unforeseen events that can occur. We strongly suggest to purchase travel insurance for your houseboat vacation. We work with InsureMyTrip to offer our clients hand selected plans that will help protect your trip from any sudden cancelation. We invite you to visit InsureMyTrip.com and request more information.
Disclaim: *InsureMyTrip is a separate service we offer to our clients by a third party company, we are NOT providers of any insurance service. If you have any question please visit directly: InsureMyTrip.com for more information.
- FORM OF PAYMENT. Payment for deposits, rentals, fuel and supplies may be made by cash, VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover. Credit card payments are processed when received. Personal checks are only accepted to be applied towards the rental fee. Holiday Damage Deposits are to be made in CASH ONLY. Cashier’s checks or money orders will not be accepted for Holiday damage deposits.
- REPAIR & REFUND POLICY. Silverthorn and Jones Valley Resort are committed to making your Houseboat Vacation as trouble free as possible. Please understand that there are many operational parts on a houseboat, several of which can fail unforeseeably. Although there are NO REFUNDS given for such failures, it is our commitment and responsibility to repair the problem in a timely and efficient manner. This can only happen if we are made aware of the problem at the time it occurs. Should you experience failure of any kind, please notify the Resort immediately. I understand that refunds are not given for inconveniences due to houseboat malfunctions.
- FUEL. The fuel tanks will be full at departure, and will be filled at the primary Renter’s expense upon return of the vessel. All gas used is the primary Renter’s responsibility.
- CHECK-IN & BOARDING. Check-In is between 3:00-6:00 p.m. May-Sept and between 1:00–4:00 p.m. Oct-April. Renter may not board the houseboat or other equipment until all paperwork has been completed and instructions regarding operation of houseboat and equipment has concluded.
- CHECK-OUT. The Vessel must be unloaded, cleaned and returned to the gas dock between 9:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m. on the return date. A late charge may be charged on late returns and will be deducted from the damage deposit or charged to the renter’s credit card.
- NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE FOR LATE ARRIVAL OR EARLY RETURN. SILVERTHORN AND JONES VALLEY RESORT ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSS OF RUNNING TIME DUE TO EQUIPMENT FAILURE, WEATHER, ILLNESS, ACCIDENTS OR CHANGES IN PLANS.
- PARKING PERMITS. Silverthorn and Jones Valley Resort provides a set number of parking passes to guests based on the type of houseboat rented. Please be aware that due to limited parking during peak season we may not allow the purchase of additional parking permits. Vehicles not displaying a parking permit will be towed at the owner’s expense. Additional permits may be available for an additional charge. Permits are allocated as follows: Queen/Queen I = 5, Queen II/Presidential/Senator = 4, Executive = 3. Please carpool if possible.
- WE ARE A PET FRIENDLY RESORT. Silverthorn and Jones Valley Resort are a pet friendly resort and will accommodate one pet at no charge. Each additional pet will require a non-refundable charge of $35.00 to be paid prior to occupancy/boarding. Any excessive cleaning required upon departure of pet hair, urine, etc. will be charged to the credit card on file at the rate of $25.00 per hour. Any damages will be charged at replacement cost.